Butter and Garlic Snails
- 36 authentic French “Helix” snails out of their shells
- 4 ounces shallots, finely minced
- 1 head garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small brioche, sliced and cut into 36 small rings each the size of a quarter
- 1 pound butter
- 1 bunch flat Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 bunch tarragon
- 1/2 head garlic
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the wild Burgundy snails.
- In a sauté pan at low heat, add butter and slowly sauté the snails with the minced shallots and garlic for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and finish by adding the fresh chopped parsley.
For the Butter:
- Wash and remove the stems from the parsley, peel and chop the garlic, and make sure the butter is at room temperature (soft).
- In a blender, mix the ingredients until very smooth. Season.
- In 12 snail gratin dishes, place 1 snail in each hole and cover with garlic butter up to the brim.
- Add fine brioche croutons over each snail.
- Pre-heat oven at 350ºF and bake each dish for approximately 7 minutes, or until the butter is bubbling and the croutons are golden brown. Serve and enjoy!