Cold Blue Crab Dip
Yields about 1.25 lb
- 1 lb Blue Lump or Super Lump Crabmeat – picked, free of any shells –
- 1 medium shallot – finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove – finely chopped
- ½ cup Italian Parsley – finely chopped
- 2 to 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice of one large lemon – or 3 limes if you prefer –
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a mixing bowl, place the crabmeat.
- Add all other ingredients. Combine gently.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Serve with white corn tortilla chips, toasted pita bread chips or toasted French bread
- 1 cup crab meat, drained
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, grated
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 pie pastry shell
- Prebake pie shell to package directions and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, eggs, milk, flour until well-blended and stir in crab, cheese, and scallions.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove and let stand for 15 minutes
- Cut into wedges and serve
Drunken King Crab Legs
- 3 bottles premium ale
- 3 lemons, cut in ½
- 1 head garlic, split in ½
- 3 pounds king crab legs, split
- Drawn butter, for serving
- To a large stockpot with a steamer insert, add beer, lemons, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add crab legs and cover.
- Steam for 5 minutes.
- Serve with drawn butter.
- 5 cups cooked crab meat
- ½ cup red pepper minced
- ¼ cup green onion, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup panko, half for mix and half for breading cakes
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients well, remember to keep 1/4 cup panko crumbs aside.
- Form into 12 cakes and roll in panko crumbs.
- Heat skillet over medium heat with a bit of vegetable oil. Add crab cakes, but do not crowd skillet as you’ll need to gently flip after 1-2 minutes or when golden on each side.
- Garnish with chopped dill and serve with sriracha dipping sauce.